The adventures of the Reilly family.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

"John...what is that?"


bat-big
Originally uploaded by abigail0723.

I came out of the shower this morning and Allison was standing in the living room with Abigail in her arms pointing into the dining room. She said, "John...what is that?" I couldn't see what she was talking about, but then I spotted it. A small black thing was above our back sliding doors. Thinking that it was a spider, my greatest enemy, I did not chance walking close to it. Rather I grabbed my binoculars and looked at it from a safe distance.

IT WAS A BAT! Armed with a broom, a empty diaper box, and nerves of steel I approached the beast. I knocked him down and trapped him between the box and a piece of cardboard. Outside on the deck I was able to release him.

This is a picture of him attacking me. Well, not really. I found this picture on the internet. And he really didn't attack as much as squeak out of fear and pee in my general direction.

I saved my ladies. Hero and humanitarian all around...that's me.

1 Comments:

Blogger lillian said...

chris' greatest fear...er, enemy...is the spider as well!

6:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home