The adventures of the Reilly family.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Sunrise


Sunrise
Originally uploaded by TheReillys
This morning I (John) woke up earlier than the sun, so I decided to sit out on the deck and grab a couple of shots. It was so nice to sit out on the deck and listen to nothing but the waves. It is fascinating to watch each wave crash in the same spot over and over.

It reminds me of the moment that God showed up in a whirlwind to speak with Job. In speaking of the ocean God says,

"And I placed boundaries on it
And set a bolt and doors,
And I said, ‘Thus far you shall come, but no farther;
And here shall your proud waves stop’?" - Job 38:10-11

Each wave can only approach and crash in the exact spot where He tells it to. That's pretty amazing. It was a good morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home